Microsoft Windows -- Custom Background Image (Wallpaper)
In many cases when you buy a new computer, the desktop (the first screen that appears when the START bar is visible and you can see the icons for your programs) is usually a picture. And usually the picture advertises the company you bought it from. Or the desktop picture is a dull, solid color.
How would you like a picture from your camera or a picture on the Internet to be the image on your computer?
Non-digital Camera: If you have a non-digital camera, you will need a professional to make a computer image. Once they create it, you should receive a CD. Insert the CD into your computer appropriately and then:
- Open up the My Computer window. That could be an icon on your desktop or use the Start button.
- Double click on the CD drive and locate the picture.
- Click on the picture once and then click the Edit menu and Copy command.
- Open up the folder called My Documents and go to My Pictures or if you can go there directly, do so.
- Then click on the Edit menu and the Paste command.
Digital Camera: If you have a digital camera, follow the same steps under Non-digital Camera but instead of clicking on the CD drive, locate the camera drive and click on it.
Internet: Ever find a picture on the Internet that you liked? Well, you can use that for your desktop picture.
- Right click on the picture and choose Save Picture As… or if by clicking once on the picture a button bar appears, click on the Save button, which is a picture of a floppy disk.
- Then My Pictures should be the folder that appears to save it into. If not, use the Save In entry to specify the My Pictures location.
Custom Background: Now you are ready for the custom background or wallpaper setting.
- Right click anywhere on the desktop.
- In the popup menu click Properties.
- On the Background tab, click the browse button.
- Find the folder called My Pictures if it is not on the screen.
- Click the picture in the list and then the Open button.
- Click the OK button and you should have your new desktop picture.